Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
thinking about HRC/amor vie
denise10011963 posted:
I'm 48 years old, going through menopause for about 6 years, but it is really getting bad, hot flashes, nite sweats, moodines {sometimes I can't even stand myself}, headaches, weight gain tried diets nothing is working. feel as if I'm on a downward spiral, don't won't to go there, because I feel I have alot of living left to do. but no energy, aremotvation. so I have tried some harmones about 5 years ago but they didn't help. this HRC is biodentical and is pallets that are inserted, so I will probably do this at this point I don't feel like I have much to lose. Does anyone have any suggestions are comments thanks Denise

Victoryinjc responded:
Hi Denise, I can certainly relate to what you are saying about feeling like you are on a downward spiral. We have to remember the key word here is "feeling" because as you already know, they lie at times. The hardest part I think about menopause is finding what works for you because with this there is no "one size fits all". Which of course enhances the frustration. I have tried it all, creams, synthetics, bio's, naturals (like Estroven) and trying to eat right and exercise. So far, nothing has worked for me. Just when I think they are working (average 4 months) and I feel like my old self again, bam! The brain fog, fatigue and insomnia come back. I also deal with a type of migraines and for some reason they were always worse on my period and now with menopause, the pain is so excruciating all I can do is sit still and not move. Too much pain to sleep and worse when laying down. I don't mean to sound so negative, but I do want you to know you are not alone. Keep trying things until you find what will work and remember it is temporary. Old clich?s' but so true. Hang touch. God speed.

denise10011963 replied to Victoryinjc's response:
ThanksI appreciate your response, I have tried other things like otc natrual herbals and synthetics, trying to eat right, then craving everything you can think of. my weight is like a yo-yo. and needless to say that my life is turned upside down, the brain fog, fatigue, sometimes I can.t get enough sleep, then again I cant sleep.the moods are just out of control sometimes I dont even want to be around myself.This is very true.I know some of you will understand.
However I have tried the HRT/ Amor vie, so far I've been on it for 2 weeks and seems to be working I seem to be getting better/feeling better little by little. I do realize now it is a process, and it dosen,t happen over nite(although I wish it could) but to be able to live again, I gladly accept.
Thanks for all the respone.

Kaboom0317 replied to denise10011963's response:
Hello denise10011963. I am signed up at HRC to get the Amor view implant next week and am scared to death of the side effects. Have you had any problems. My hot flashes have already subsided but have many of the other problems including not sleeping, weight and no libido. How is your experience with the implants. Any problems or issues? Any response would be greatfull. It concerns me that there is not a doctor there either.

Kaboom0317

mrscoop responded:
Denise I am 54 and was in the exact spot you are in. I couldn't stand myself. I have been on the Amor Vie implant for a little over a year. It has changed my life. My personality is back like it was in my early 30's. I have energy, and I actually like
people again. I want sex again, my headaches and body
aches are gone. I no longer have any hot flashes or night sweats. I tried a lot of over the counter stuff and they did not work. The implant worked within 4 days. My husband isn't afraid of me anymore, and says he will pick up cans if he has to, so I can get my implant. hahaha. Try it. If you don't like it quit. Good Luck, hope this helps

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Fact or fiction? Estrogen therapy is an option for all menopausal womenExpert
Fiction: Only women who no longer have a uterus should consider using esdtrogen-alone therapy (ET). For women with a uterus, the option ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 39 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website