Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
clonazepam prescription plus Walgreens sleep aid to sleep
justmejust posted:
Hi,

I am 50 and in menopause. I have trouble getting to sleep and getting back to sleep when I wake up. I take prescription clonazepam for my mild anxiety, and over the counter Walgreens brand Sleep Aid to help me sleep at night. I try to take one or the other, and try to go without when possible.

Does anyone else have this sleep trouble?

Laura

someonewhocares3 responded:
I had a hyst at age 49. Prior to that, I had no sleep problems. But afterwards, I had the same issues as you. I couldn't fall asleep and when I woke up (every 2-3 hours), I had trouble falling back asleep (would usually take close to an hour). I also had suicidal depression and anxiety. This was while on an inadequate HRT. Once I got more estrogen into my body, my sleep improved greatly (as did my other issues). Now I sleep well most nights - fall asleep easily and stay asleep. Although I'm much less active (lost interest in most things post-hyst), I need more sleep now - close to 9 versus 7.

justmejust replied to someonewhocares3's response:
Thank you someonewhocares3

I will ask my dr. What is HRT?

Laura

darlyn05 replied to justmejust's response:
HRT is abbrev. for Hormone Replacement Therapy. I had sleep problems with perimenopause and still now with menopause. Anxiety level was very high during perimenopause, I think it was more so linked to the events in my life. In Nov. 2010 I had an endrometrial ablation which of course as you know does Wonders for the wavy menstral cycle. It's like the new partial hysterectomy I guess. Afterwards I still experienced some of the emotional trubulents of peri & menopause. Things have gotton much better for me in those regards. I do not take HRT's, I modified my diet and lifestyle to help ease the symptoms.

justmejust replied to darlyn05's response:
Well thanks for the explanation. What modifications to your diet and lifestyle are helping your sleep?

ruthie4747 responded:
I am taking exactly the same thing but have been on clonazepam for years. I am 53 and continue to battle with fatigue. Tried hormones but seemed to make me sick. Any advice?

justmejust replied to ruthie4747's response:
Sorry you are tired. Are you also having trouble getting to sleep like me?

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Fact or fiction? Estrogen therapy is an option for all menopausal womenExpert
Fiction: Only women who no longer have a uterus should consider using esdtrogen-alone therapy (ET). For women with a uterus, the option ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 39 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website