Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sore nipples in menopause
growingoldgracefully posted:
I am 51 and this problem just started for me in the last week. Very painful, contracted and sore nipples. After reading this and seeing someone mention lavender oil, I decided to try it. I applied some lavender oil as well as 100% pure therapeutic grade oil called PanAway directly to my nipples. The relief was almost immediate. After about 10 minutes my nipples are not even contracted, erect or hard...very soft again with no pain. I'm not sure how long this will last..I will keep you posted!

lisajanz responded:
Gosh - I hope you're right - I have had the same issue since entering menopause almost 2 years ago and it's so annoying! I'll order now and keep my fingers crossed !

lisajanz responded:
Ouch Ouch Ouch..... Got the PanAway but it burned on impact - No luck with your remedy My nipples are softer but still erect?

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

mood swings/menopause
I have so much empathy for all women that go through this,either mild or severe.I was put on a hormone,very low dose because I have 4 ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website