Skip to content
Menopause: What Is It?
Chris_WebMD_Staff posted:
Oh I fear there can never be enough slides, in this slide show, to cover all the things we women go through when we experience Menopause. But I thought I would share this slide show with you from WebMD.
Click here:
All About Menopause and Perimenopause
Chrissy~

One of the many things nobody ever tells you about middle age
is that it's such a nice change from being young.

-- Dorothy Canfield Fisher

An_247769 responded:
Why in the world would you say it's such a nive change from being young? I don't feel any older now then I did 30 years ago. Please explain what you are talking about, it makes no sense

Energenex responded:
Menopause can create problems like Hot flashes. Women have to be very much careful at time of pregnancy. You have explained well in your slides about this problem.

louisemarylouise responded:
The menopause marks the time in a woman's life when her menstruation stops and she is no longer fertile (able to become pregnant).\

Menopause is defined as the point in time when menstrual cycles permanently cease due to the natural depletion of ovarian oocytes from aging. The diagnosis is typically made retrospectively after the woman has missed menses for 12 consecutive months. It marks the permanent end of fertility and the average age of menopause is 51 years.

We all know that every woman has to face menopause issue. One has to face many problems such as irregular periods, mood swings, insomnia, migraines and more due to menopause. but all these issues can be sort out with the help of amberen .

ChitChatMarge responded:
Watch "Hot Flash Havoc". It's pretty much an encyclopedia of everything menopause crammed into one documentary.

http://bit.ly/11Wg60W

jessyparker replied to ChitChatMarge's response:
Menopause is a phase where the menstrual cycle of women stops completely. This makes her incapable to conceive any more. Different women experience hot flashes, mood swings and night sweats. There are different methods to treat these symptoms. Hormone replacement therapy, herbs like black cohosh, vitamin D supplements and menopause relief supplements .

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Menopause - Younger Ages
For those of you out there that are going/gone through menopause at an early age, Yes it happens. It's unusual but it happened to me. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website