Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Cardiac issues
AJF52 posted:
I have a family history of atrial fib. My mother and grandmother had it as well a few female cousins. None of us had symptoms until after we start menopause. My mother's was very disturbing. My symptoms are not as bad but it is getting worse. I have been under a cardiologist care since 2007 when I was hospitalized after a particularly bad a fib event. In researching a fib after that event, I learned it may be connected to menopause. Neither of the cardiologists have talked to me about this. I was wondering about the estrogen treatment you mentioned. Could this be helpful to me?

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

mood swings/menopause
I have so much empathy for all women that go through this,either mild or severe.I was put on a hormone,very low dose because I have 4 ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website