Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Hating it
littledebe1966 posted:
I am a 47 year old mother with 3 children under the age of 10, I have been having horrible night sweats and moods swings for months. My period is always 2 times a month and I mean "bad ones". Wow this is going to be one challenge for sure glad I joined

Mary Jane Minkin, MD responded:
Dear littledebe1966,
Glad you joined the community; our participants will share many experiences. As far as non medical intervention, you'll read that I have recommended some black cohosh products (like Remifemin) and soy foods, and soy type supplements (like Icool) in the past; many of my patients have found them helpful. However, if your symptoms persist and are bothersome, you should check in with your health care provider. If you are in good health and a non smoker, you probably would be a good candidate for a low dose birth control pill, which could be helpful in your situation.
Good luck,
Mary Jane

littledebe1966 replied to Mary Jane Minkin, MD's response:
Thanks so much yes I have made a appointment with my Dr. in 3 weeks, sto.pping or trying to stop my caffine little by little every day. This is the perfect place for me and I hope to get some great advice from this thread

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Physical activity at midlifeExpert
Regular physical activity is a vital part of every midlife woman?s life, preserving physical and mental health and improving quality of ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website