Skip to content
Perimenopause at 37?
Law6506 posted:
I just turned 37, and for the past fews months I have been experiencing symptoms that appear to be related to perimenopause. My mother did start menopuase in her 40's and my her mid 40's she ceased havbing periods. Lately my periods are changing, where they used to be regular as a heartbeat. I'm on Birth Contrl pilss and have been for years, My periods now chnage from heavy to light, I sometimes miss a period and i have had a LOT of breakthorugh bleeding. I assumed it was my BC pils and requested a change in brand. However, in the past month I statring getting night sweats, hot flashes and my mood are crazy! Emotionally I feel like a menatl patient that is off of her med's. It sound funny but it's the best way ZI can describe it. I cry when nothing is wrong, I'm extremly agitiated over the smallest things. I schedule an appt. with my GYN but it's not for a few weeks. Everyone thinks I'm crazy and they tell to just relax and sip some wine. Something is wrong or happening! Can it be perimeopause

Energenex responded:
Yes it can be, You must go through tests and consult to doctor. If ou having hot flashed then chances are more.

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

mood swings/menopause
I have so much empathy for all women that go through this,either mild or severe.I was put on a hormone,very low dose because I have 4 ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website