Perimenopause is hell!
Pascoalina posted:
Thank you ladies for sharing your struggles with menopause. It made me feel like I can talk about this with people who will not only understand but know how hard and lonely it can be. I,m 45, and have been experiencing all these symptoms for 5 years( hot flashes, nausea, insomnia, depression, fuzzy thinking, difficult y concentrating, irritability, migraines, cold sweats, , I think the only one I do not have is vaginal dryness...name the rest and I'll say yes low or high degree. I feel alone because all my girlfriends are doing so much better than me during menopause, I' m happy for them but kind of feel like..."what,s wrong with me? Why does this seem so much harder on me than on most women? AM I getting crazy? Is this menopause or something worse? Herbs do not seem to help me, HTr therapy make it worse.. The only thing that has help me so far is exercising, but because I have back problems I, limited on the amount of exercising I can do. I feel like a very pregnant woman ( for the past 5 years) with all sorts of symptoms and craving, mood swings, bloating, gassy, .... Weight gain (20 pounds), nauseas, insomnia, desconfort...but without the reward of a beautiful baby in the end - Perimenopause sucks! ??.

Skroack responded:
I am an ayurvedic practitoner and in ayurveda we treat menopause simply and naturally by using diet and lifestyle with some herbal support. two things that can be very helpful are 1. simply preforming a gentle oil massage nightly with sunflower oil. This does help to regulate hormones and calm and balance the nervous system. You should notice the effects in 4 to 8 weeks. 2. Doing some gentle breathing while you let the oil sit before taking a shower for about 10 to 15 minutes is also very helpful. Be careful in the shower to not slip as the floor of the shower gets slick when you rinse off the oil!

The type of breathing we recommend is alternate nostril or nadi shodhana. You can look it up on you tube for detailed instruction. It s very simple and calming. Together this is the most powerful tools to combat hot flashes and night sweats naturally, aside form herbal medication. Good luck!

Pascoalina replied to Skroack's response:
Thank you! I will try the sunflower oil.