Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
am I going though the change?
marajsky posted:
Since May '12 I've had my period every 43 to 69 days, I'm on day 67 right now. Before May I was getting it every 26 to 31 days. I'm 47 and have a history of uterine fibroids, but now I'm getting this discharge that is heavy (almost like a period, but without the blood) Is this part of going though "the change"?

Mary Jane Minkin, MD responded:
Dear Marajsky,
It isn't clear what the discharge would be; discharges aren't classic perimenopausal type symptoms. I'd wait to see what happens after your next period (which is likely to come sooner or later!)-if the discharge persists, I'd check it out with your health care provider,
Good luck,
Mary Jane

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Physical activity at midlifeExpert
Regular physical activity is a vital part of every midlife woman?s life, preserving physical and mental health and improving quality of ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website