Skip to content
HRT
marrdh posted:
Just had appt with Gyno. for extremely heavy periods that have been going on for years. I am 50. I just decided I couldn't take it any more,as it is really negatively affecting my life. Much to my surprise, as I did not know it was an option, I have decided to try the Mirena IUD. I am wondering if anyone has had success with it for this use. I am also considering trying an HRT, which Iwas really against until a long discussion with my Dr. I am apparently in a very low risk for any side effects. My age, family history(negative for any health issue), non smoker, not over weight, exercise regularly etc..I am shocked to even think I would consider it. My Dr. made me feel like it was perhaps a good option for me and not this horrible, cancer causing treatment that I should never consider. It actually sounds like it may improve my life. Anyone have any experiences with these things??

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Menopause - Younger Ages
For those of you out there that are going/gone through menopause at an early age, Yes it happens. It's unusual but it happened to me. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 32 found this helpful