Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Menopause????
meg40 posted:
I had a period for 7 days then spotting for 7 days after that nothing happened for 3 or 4 days. Then I started a peroid again for 7 days then spotting for 7 days then nothing for 1 day now I am having a period again. I am 40 yrs old. what is wrong with me ??????

Mary Jane Minkin, MD responded:
Dear Meg40,
I would check in with your health care provider. For example, a polyp in the lining of the uterus could do this. Another possibility even could be an early pregnancy, can do this: any chance of that? This could also easily be related to a strange ovulation-from stress or significant change in diet or exercise patterns. So do not worry: do check in with the health care provider, who will help you sort it out, and get it better.
good luck,
Mary Jane

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

mood swings/menopause
I have so much empathy for all women that go through this,either mild or severe.I was put on a hormone,very low dose because I have 4 ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website