Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Perimenopause and pain
LoriRae posted:
I am in Perimenopause at 47...C-section at 26 and had my tubes tied at 40. the pain is extreme! my doctor does not have any suggestions for the pain except ponstel (pain med). I do not want to do hystorectomy. My mood and hot flashes and so on are there but not unbearable. any suggest a HRT? Please help!

Anon_6061 responded:
HRT is an individual decision but it would seem to be worth a try since you're suffering so. Of course, it's not likely to help the pain. Sometimes tubals can cause problems including pain. Do you only have pain during your period? Any excessive bleeding?

I've been suffering since a hysterectomy and HRT is my "drug of choice" - can't imagine life without it and have no plans to ever stop taking it. But since I don't have ovaries, I find it a necessity. Now if I could only get a uterus transplant to restore my orgasmic ability (and maybe my libido too), maybe I wouldn't regret this every stinkin' day!

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Fact or fiction? Estrogen therapy is an option for all menopausal womenExpert
Fiction: Only women who no longer have a uterus should consider using esdtrogen-alone therapy (ET). For women with a uterus, the option ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 39 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website