Skip to content
perimenopause treatment
An_249885 posted:
I'm 48 and have had premenopause symptoms of occasionally skipping 1 to 3 months of my period, weight gain, etc.

Recently, I skipped 2 months, then have had a long period of bleeding, 7 weeks now. My doctor gave me birth control pills, but after 7 days on them, I'm still bleeding. When should that bleeding stop?

tracyl420 responded:
I am 48 to I have the same ? I went 7 months with out my period and now am bleeding hmmmm

Anon_6061 responded:
Maybe you need a stronger med to stop the bleeding. Not all meds work the same in everyone including hormones. Hope it stops soon.

Anon_6061 replied to tracyl420's response:
This can happen during the years leading up to menopause - missed periods sometimes for months on end or even more frequent periods, heavier bleeding, lighter bleeding, shorter periods, longer periods - anything goes during peri. Of course, you'll need to restart the clock for counting to the one year mark of no periods.

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Menopause - Younger Ages
For those of you out there that are going/gone through menopause at an early age, Yes it happens. It's unusual but it happened to me. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website