Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I'm 36....could this be menopause?
aandjshank posted:
I'm just hoping I'm not going crazy and that someone else out there has experienced this. I'm experiencing all of the menopause symptoms EXCEPT irregular periods. Hot flashes, mood swings, headaches, vaginal dryness, memory loss & Confusion, increased anxiety.

Take the Poll

When did you start experiencing perimenopause?
  • 30's
  • 40's
  • 50's
vote
View Poll Results

Anon_6061 responded:
It's unusual to start perimenopause symptoms so early but it does happen. If you haven't had any medical treatments that could have caused a drop in hormone production (or even if you have for that matter) then it's possible you have some sort of endocrine dysfunction (such as hypo or hyperthyroidism). Pregnancy and childbirth can also trigger some ovarian and thyroid abnormalities (don't know if this applies to you). An endocrine workup may be helpful.

Our ovarian hormones are essential to many aspects of health so early (premature) menopause increases risk for a number of health conditions. Of course, just because you're having symptoms now doesn't necessarily mean you'll have an early menopause. Perimenopause can actually last many years for some women. Just what you wanted to hear, right??

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Menopause - Younger Ages
For those of you out there that are going/gone through menopause at an early age, Yes it happens. It's unusual but it happened to me. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 30 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website