Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    menopause itching
    An_250416 posted:
    My outside personal area has become much thinner and extremely dry. It makes me constantly itch and so dry it seems it feels as though I tear when I get physical with my husband. It makes me not want to do anything with him. Anyone know how to fix this, I want a normal relationship again.
    Anon_596 responded:
    The only thing that comes to mind is an estrogen cream from your gyn or you could research to find a natural moisturizer.
    Mary Jane Minkin, MD replied to Anon_596's response:
    I would agree-I think the likeliest thing to help would be a prescription estrogen cream from your health care provider. There is a bioidentical estrogen cream called Estrace, which can significantly help the dry tissue. If that doesn't help, and you still have discomfort or itching, then you need to followup with your gynecologist to make sure there isn't something other than dry tissue as the problem-but the likeliest explanation is dryness secondary to the lack of estrogen in the tissue.
    Good luck,
    Mary Jane

    Featuring Experts

    Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

    Helpful Tips

    Fact or fiction? Estrogen therapy is an option for all menopausal womenExpert
    Fiction: Only women who no longer have a uterus should consider using esdtrogen-alone therapy (ET). For women with a uterus, the option ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    33 of 47 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website