Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Menopause
An_250455 posted:
I am 32 years old and in the last year i have had alot of symptons but can you get menopause it this early in age? I have low sex drive, forget things very easy, discharge, pain during sex, my period is diffrent every month, a odor for a week before my period comes and discharge, emotionally up and down. I am on birth control. Any ideas?

Take the Poll

Menopause
  • yes?
  • other ideas?
vote
View Poll Results

Mary Jane Minkin, MD responded:
Dear An_250455,
One thing I can assure you: your symptoms are not related to menopause. Indeed, about 1% of women are menopausal by age 40; 32 is very young. However, the reason I can assure you that these symptoms are not related to menopause is that you stated you are on birth control pills; and they control almost all symptoms related to menopause. So I would sit down with your health care provider-nurse midwife, nurse practitioner, or doc-and try to figure out what else might be going on.
Good luck,
Mary Jane

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Physical activity at midlifeExpert
Regular physical activity is a vital part of every midlife woman?s life, preserving physical and mental health and improving quality of ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 30 found this helpful