Skip to content
i want to get pregnant
An_250722 posted:
am 27 yrs i have irregular period sometimes it takes 6 months to come i went to many doctors. my problem is there is something like fats on my ovuls i took many medicines which was useless as the ovulation is not completed the never reaches the size we need,

I need to be pregnant and am afraid from my case i don't know if it is hard for me to get pregnant or not pleaaaaaaaaase help i need ur advice

Anon_6061 responded:
Do you possibly mean "cysts on your ovaries?" There's something called PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome). A couple of classic symptoms are "strands" of cysts on the ovaries and irregular and missed periods due to absent ovulations. Some of the other common symptoms (although not present in all women with PCOS) are excess body hair, being overweight, oily and acne prone skin, loss of scalp hair. Losing some weight is often helpful in restoring ovulations and normal cycles as well as improving insulin resistance that's part of this syndrome.

Here are some links on PCOS:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001408/
http://www.womenshealth.gov/publications/our-publications/fact-sheet/polycystic-ovary-syndrome.cfm

Of course, PCOS may not even be your diagnosis. I would hope that having been to a number of doctors that at least one of them would have given you a diagnosis especially since you said you tried "many medicines." What were these medications? Were they just fertility drugs? It would be helpful to know your diagnosis and then do some research on how to improve the symptoms and increase your chances for pregnancy.

Shamoharby replied to Anon_6061's response:
Firstly thank u for replying. Secondly, Yes I have these symptoms irregular and missed periods due to absent ovulations, excess body hair, being overweight, oily and acne prone skin.
The medicines was fertility medicines, some of them was tablets and more injections the doctors was wishing that the eggs reach minimum size 18 but the maximum size I reached was 11 actually iam trying to become pregnant for 2 years now but I failed I wish u can help me as u know iam 27yrs and am afraid that my chances every year is becoming less.

Anon_6061 replied to Shamoharby's response:
Have you tried to lose some weight through diet changes and exercise? That can help restore ovulations. There's a PCOS group here on WebMD - http://exchanges.webmd.com/polycystic-ovary-syndrome-exchange. There are also a few Trying to Conceive groups. Hope your baby dreams come true!

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Menopause - Younger Ages
For those of you out there that are going/gone through menopause at an early age, Yes it happens. It's unusual but it happened to me. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website