Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
No hot flashes yet
An_251369 posted:
I'll be 48 in a few weeks and I've never had any hot flashes yet. My cycles are like clockwork up until the last year or so. I would start spotting for a day then about 3-4 days later full force nature would kick in with a vengence. Another time I started spotting for a day and nothing for almost a week. I haven't any exams in 17 years but am finally going for a physical and mammogram in a couple weeks from now. I just haven't felt comfortable in having one done with the doctors around here. Last one was painful. I asked my doctor and he just said I was too young to start menopause. I also am diabetic for about 15 years. I just started taking Lisinipril and Lipitor the last few weeks. . I can't ask my mother as she passed away 4 years ago. My sister who is 4 years younger has had them for many years. She has fibroids also. My other sister is 10 years younger so cannot ask her. I started when I was in 5th grade so about 10 or 11. Any comments?

Debtabora responded:
I replied on your other post as it posted more than once. Mine did too! Lol! But I wanted to add that I just read somewhere that the average age of menopause is 51. Meaning that you have gone without a period for 12 months. Ten your considered to be in menopause. Before that its peri menopause. Meaning your getting there! So, at age 48 in a few weeks, your most like starting and it's gonna get fun! Lol! I'm 48 and will be 49 in October. I feel for you! It's a confusing exhausting time! Good luck! And like I said in my last post, which I wasn't allowed to post again for some reason, feel free to txt me. I could use all the help I can get too! Debbie.

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

mood swings/menopause
I have so much empathy for all women that go through this,either mild or severe.I was put on a hormone,very low dose because I have 4 ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website