Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Fish oil with DHA & EPA
sawyer55 posted:
I'm 56 years old and postmenopausal. Six weeks ago I decided to put fish oil with dha and epa in my diet. Two days into it I started spotting after 10 years of nothing. I called my Gyno and had a vaginal CT scan where nothing was found. I quit taking the fish oil till last week and wanted to try it again. Same thing happened. I haven't seen a study on the web about this and was wondering if anyone else has had the same experience with DHA & EPA in their fish oil.

Mary Jane Minkin, MD responded:
Dear sawyer55,
That's interesting; I don't know of any significant literature on the topic. I'd be interested, too, if others have found this happening to them,
Good luck,
Mary Jane

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Estring worked for me
I've had this problem periodically since menopause - I am now 67. Cure for me was Estring, which actually causes a pleasant sort of sweet ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website