Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Ear plugging in menopause
An_251578 posted:
I was wondering if plugged ears are another issue during menopause? I have been in menopause for 10 years and sometimes my ears are plugged for no obvious reasons. I went to the ENT and he showed me an article that this can be related to menopause. If so what can be done to relieve this annoying symptom? Thanks

Mary Jane Minkin, MD responded:
Dear An_251578,
That's a good question; it's actually not a too common symptom; One of the possible options I would imagine is anti-histamine therapy. One thing women in menopause do need to be aware of is when they are using anti-histamines, they can contribute further to dryness: vaginal dryness, skin dryness. So it's just something to be aware of.
Good luck,
Mary Jane

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

mood swings/menopause
I have so much empathy for all women that go through this,either mild or severe.I was put on a hormone,very low dose because I have 4 ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website