Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
menopause
dadabrd posted:
I am 66 yrs and having cramps and vaginal bleeding like period...its been almost 20 yrs and I am worried...

Anon_6061 responded:
This link is helpful in understanding causes of postmenopausal bleeding and necessary workups - http://www.jfponline.com/pages.asp?id=10784. It's reassuring that only 7-10% of bleeding is caused by endometrial cancer. 60-80% is merely from an atrophic (very thin) lining. The causes and %s can be found in a table mid-page. Hope yours is nothing serious! And if it's something that needs to be treated, hopefully a medication or simple procedure that allows you to keep all your parts is all that's necessary.

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Estring worked for me
I've had this problem periodically since menopause - I am now 67. Cure for me was Estring, which actually causes a pleasant sort of sweet ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website