Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sore Nipples age 44
An_251737 posted:
I am so relieved, to see other women in my age group, with the same problem. I had a total abdominal hysterectomy, at the age of 36. I get hot flashes, and night sweats often. Lately, I have a new symptom. My nipples are erect, and terribly sore all of the time. I don't know what to do about it. I may make an appointment, with my gynecologist, but this seems like a silly, not to mention embarrassing reason. It's probably hormonal. I just need this pain, to go away.

Anon_6061 responded:
You don't have ovaries and you're not taking hormones?

twinsmomplusone responded:
I had the same problem with my nipples. Miserable! I found that the Fish Oil I had just started taking about three weeks before had sardines, salmon, and SOY in them. I stopped taking the Fish Oil and the pain has gone away. Soy is not
good for us.

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Estring worked for me
I've had this problem periodically since menopause - I am now 67. Cure for me was Estring, which actually causes a pleasant sort of sweet ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website