Quit HRT cold turkey. Had no choice.
ellelaverne posted:
I had to quit hrt because i am unemployed and my prescription ran out. I am 60 and have taken Estrace 2mg since I was 42. I tried the generic and it was like I wasn't even on hormone therapy. I am very worried about what will become of me. I am in a new relationship .
I tried to quit one time before because a nurse scared me to death about the risk... I tried herbs and I swear I felt like i was going nuts, so I got back on the Estrace.
I ran out of my pills two days ago... I am having headaches, heart palpitations, anxiety issues.
I was a shy introverted person who let everyone run over me until i had my hysterectomy and the hormone Dr. put me on the estrace... I became a new person. I took martial arts, learned to dance like nobody was watching. left my really abusive husband, lost my mom and grandmother within two months of that but got through it all alone. Then I got a great job and bought my own place, i loved my life. It was like I finally got my life together. I felt like I could do anything and was so confident, lived alone for 8 years, and traveled and went to art school. met the man of my dreams and got married. Then i quit the Estrace and ended up divorced. I got back on the Estrace and life was starting to get normal ...it's been 4 years since my divorce and I met another wonderful man and started a new life...everyone says i look 40... now I worry I will fall apart. that I will age fast and become that old me that I did not like. But I cannot afford to go to the Dr. I have no insurance. My nerves today are not good. I am trying to stay positive. I thought about ordering Estroprin. which is all natural it says... ..I am researching like crazy. I have tried to tell my boyfriend what to expect.. I worry about the depression and mood swings and the aging effects and the headaches that are already starting... All this and I am trying to learn a new trade to make money... and will be using power tools . Going to start back working out and try to stay busy doing my art and furniture building. wish me luck...

Anon_6061 responded:
I understand your concerns about going off HRT. I worry about the same thing all the time. I also had a hysterectomy but it destroyed the happy, go-lucky, youthful looking and feeling person I used to be. HRT has not brought that person back but it "cured" the post-hysterectomy suicidal depression and allows me to function (although not nearly at the level I used to).

Is there maybe a women's clinic near you that could prescribe the Estrace? And then you could check to see if the pharmaceutical company has an assistance program that will pay part or all of the cost? Also, since the generic didn't work, maybe you just need a higher dose than the name brand.