Menopause
An_252090 posted:
Is change for me.No more heavy painful periods,anemia,and migrane headache.New problems tarted.Weight gain,constipation and prolapse.
Got pessary 3 month ago.Does help bit but not completely.
Get severe constipation for 2 years and as a result get prolapse.Visited few Doc.no one helping with that.I hate to be on laxatives but that is only helpful stuff.Any suggestion?
How to loose weight and get regular?

Anon_6061 responded:
Sorry for your troubles! I'm curious which of your organs are prolapsing. Do you still have your uterus? A friend of mine had a hysterectomy and her bladder and rectum are prolapsing. She thought about a pessary (since corrective surgery is so risky) but doesn't know how well it would stay in place without a uterus.

I've also had a hysterectomy. The only thing that seems to be falling (so far anyway) is my vagina. But my bowels don't work quite right either. My GI doctor wasn't helpful either. I don't know what laxative you're using but I've heard that Miralax can be used long-term unlike other laxatives but not sure that's true. I started using Metamucil to have more regular bowels.

Anon_6061 responded:
Did you see my post? Was wondering if you have a uterus and if the pessary is staying in place?