Skip to content
Post-menopausal, can't take hormone replacement b/c I get DVTs (blood clots)
An_252202 posted:
What can I take to help me with all of the symptoms? Itching skin (mainly my breasts), increased abdominal girth, weight gain, dark spots on my face, isolation/depression? I'm desperate...I would really like to enjoy the rest of my life and as it is now, I am too embarrassed to lave my house! I work from home so this is literally what is happening. I have raised 2 sons on my own and am finally ready to live my life and either I'm too depressed or scared to go anywhere or my boobs are itching like crazy to the point that I have to scratch so I couldn't possibly go out like that! And speaking of that...how am I ever going to be intimate with a man again?? Oh, yes those are scabs on my breasts dear, but let's make love...give me a break. I feel like my life is over, thanks to menopause!

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Menopause - Younger Ages
For those of you out there that are going/gone through menopause at an early age, Yes it happens. It's unusual but it happened to me. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website