Pre Menopause
mikes52 posted:
My wife is 50 and for over two years she has been in pre menopause. Our sex life is basically none existent. I have tried to suggest she talk with her doctor, or try some of the things I have read about, such as exercise, food products, natural supplements and others. She is not interested in trying any of these things, and responds that it is what it is for now.

I am struggling with this, and I know it is probably selfish in many respects, but can pre menopause totally shut down a womans sexual desire.
If you have any suggestions, please advise

Anon_6061 responded:
I'm sorry you and your wife are going through this. Some women do experience a loss of desire after menopause. I've lost all desire but it was caused by a hysterectomy. I had a good libido before that even though I was nearing menopause. The surgery has caused many losses for me, desire and response being the least of my concerns even though I miss them terribly. Thankfully, my husband has hung in there.

Since she said "it is what it is for now" maybe she feels this is temporary. Menopause can be difficult and overwhelming as it is (due to physical and emotional symptoms) so it's possible this is the least of her concerns, for now anyway.

I hope you and your wife can work through this issue and move forward.