Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Menapause
Pepper53 posted:
After my mom passed 2012 I've been crying it goes and comes, my cycles are longer and heavier my thought process is different, now when I drive a distance I notice I get fearful and it's affecting my daily living I have been tested for everything and it always come back normal

Mary Jane Minkin, MD responded:
Dear Pepper53,
Some of your symptoms could be related to some perimenopausal changes; however, you certainly can be suffering from depression. From a simple point of view, are you doing exercise regularly? Trying to get a good workout in, daily if possible, including both aerobic and strength training activities are good for mood. If you are thinking about some medical intervention, there are some very good antidepressants available-do check in with your health care provider about options. And some grief counseling would likely be beneficial as well.
Good luck,
Mary Jane

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Menopause - Younger Ages
For those of you out there that are going/gone through menopause at an early age, Yes it happens. It's unusual but it happened to me. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website