Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
back to back hot flashes
deb105 posted:
I am 50 yrs. old and had an ablation 10 yrs. ago. I started having a period half a year ago, lately I have been more on than off. This morning I started hot flashes back to back. Is this normal?

deb105 responded:
I just realized, I have had heavy bleeding or spotting for 16 days this month! Plus sudden vomiting has been an issue lately and when I'm not having hot flashes I am freezing. I'm not even sure if this is all related. I do know it's wearing me out....

Mary Jane Minkin, MD replied to deb105's response:
Dear deb105,
I am not sure what to make of your symptoms. Vomiting would be unlikely to be related to perimenopausal issues. I think some hormone levels would be helpful here, and I think you'll need some evaluation of the lining of the uterus.
Do visit you gyn to try to get this all worked out,
Good luck,
Mary Jane

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Fact or fiction? Estrogen therapy is an option for all menopausal womenExpert
Fiction: Only women who no longer have a uterus should consider using esdtrogen-alone therapy (ET). For women with a uterus, the option ... More
Was this Helpful?
26 of 40 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website