Skip to content
sex and menopause
An_252963 posted:
I am a 46 years ole peri-menopausal and find myself highly sexual, is this common, I have heard the opposite being the case during this phase.

Anon_6061 responded:
I was also highly sexual in my late 40's. It all ended with the unnecessary removal of my sex organs.

Jeldon responded:
I'll trade you problems. I could go without it forever and this started at 19 when I went thru menopause. I would give anything to be sexual again. Worst part...doctor told me that it may not come back even with HRT so guess I'm doomed to be a Nun!

Jeldon replied to Anon_6061's response:
I am so sorry to hear that. I feel your plight. Though I haven't had my sexual organs removed, I went thru menopause at a very young age. (started at 15 and ended at 19) by the time I was 17, I had completely lost ALL sexual desire. Doc tells me it might not come back so I am learning to live with it. As well as all the weight you gain with HRT. Was always a scrawny kid and have been overweight since starting HRT. I hope that maybe they can find something to give you back what you lost. From experience, it is an ego deflator and most definitely makes you feel like less of a woman compared to your peers. You would think that they would have figured something out for us by now. Lord knows they have everything under the sun for men. They say it's because we are more intricate, biologically, than men but sex hormones are sex hormones! I don't think they have a base line hormone level for women that are highly sexual and those who aren't. Maybe they should match us to them and give us what they have! LOL! Ok. I know this isn't funny but if you don't laugh...you'll cry! Really sorry though. I feel your pain. P.S. I am 39 years old so have been dealing with this for 22 years now..almost 23, this month.

Anon_6061 replied to Jeldon's response:
Wow Jeldon, I can't imagine how devastating that must be to have gone through menopause as a teenager! If you don't mind sharing, what triggered it?

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

mood swings/menopause
I have so much empathy for all women that go through this,either mild or severe.I was put on a hormone,very low dose because I have 4 ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website