Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
HRT Train
Jeldon posted:
Just a little bit of background. I am 39 and been menopausal since 19. Have been on various HRT for last 20 years

Started taking the combipatch 2weeks ago. Have taken pill forms of HRT with large amounts of weight gain, in the past, so gave up on it for a while. So far, I've gained 15 lbs in 3 weeks!! Already over weight at the time I started. Bout fed up with HRT. Would rather suffer with symptoms! No problems with patch staying on! ha! Sticks around like a bad habit. I'm calling my doctor. Never tried bio-identical. Think it's time I do. Good luck to all those who don't mind suffering from diabetes due to HRT obesity. And for you ladies who aren't sure if it's you or the drug...I went thru early menopause at 19 and was put on hormones then. Gained 50 lbs!! YES! You read right! 50 lbs! Synthetics are bad for your body no matter what pocket robbing doctors and drug companies say! Worst part..no weight gain prior to the drugs and issues with it since taking them. This synthetic stuff gets into every cell of your body and causes real trouble. HRT users beware.

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Fact or fiction? Estrogen therapy is an option for all menopausal womenExpert
Fiction: Only women who no longer have a uterus should consider using esdtrogen-alone therapy (ET). For women with a uterus, the option ... More
Was this Helpful?
25 of 39 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website