Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Hot Flashes and Tingling ?
KarenM11 posted:
I'm 52, and my doctor just took me off birth control pills. I "think" I may be having hot flashes, however, I start feeling '"tingling" in my chest, not chest pains, more similar to when your foot falls asleep and starts coming around. More like my skin is super sensitive. The tingling starts in my chest/breasts and then moves down my arms then my legs. After all that stops (about a minute), then it seems I get hot. Is the tingling normal? Has anyone else ever had this? Any suggestions to make it stop or reduce the sensitivity? Thanks.

detoxx responded:
I get the tingling in my feet (as if I am up too high and looking over to the ground) .. it's SO uncomfortable.

Mary Jane Minkin, MD replied to detoxx's response:
Dear KarenM11 and Detoxx,
Women can have all sorts of symptoms which can be variations on hot flashes; so is this type of sensation related to a hot flash? It could be. Another unusual symptom women describe is a feeling like ants are crawling on their skin; these sensations you describe may be similar to that.
Good luck,
Mary Jane

KarenM11 replied to Mary Jane Minkin, MD's response:
Thank you Dr. Minkin & Detoxx. Its been driving me crazy, and I didn't know if it was just me or something that's somewhat common. Also, since it started in my chest, didn't know if it was a blocked artery or a weird menopause symptom. I'll start with my GYN. Thanks again. Appreciate you taking the time.

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Menopause - Younger Ages
For those of you out there that are going/gone through menopause at an early age, Yes it happens. It's unusual but it happened to me. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website