Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Estroil Care Cream
An_253346 posted:
I was prescribed Premarin for vaginal atrophy i do not have ins. and that stuff is over $200. Not on my budget. I have found some Estroil care cream at my local health food store. It says to apply to wrists, abdomen insde of thighs etc. i read somewhere that you can put it on your vagina and want feed back if it is safe. Thanks for any input, I have not purchased it yet.

My sex life has all but dried up (no pun intended) and lubricants (I've tried them all) don't help. Why does being a women cost so much?!?!

Mary Jane Minkin, MD responded:
Dear An_253346,
I would not recommend the estriol from a health food store. However, you can try some over the counter moisturizers which would be less expensive; and see if they work; Replens has been available for a number of years, and works for many women. If that doesn't do the trick, you can go on line and see about getting some samples of a product called Hyalogyn-some women find that helpful.
Good luck,
Mary Jane

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Menopause - Younger Ages
For those of you out there that are going/gone through menopause at an early age, Yes it happens. It's unusual but it happened to me. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website