Skip to content
I am 52 got my period after 8 months
Luckyyyy posted:
I got a regular period after 8 months. 8months ago for about 3 months I had extremely light periods and then nothing for 8 months. For the past year I have been without a job and have stress because of this. Lately checked my weight . I have put on 20 pounds in 2 years although this started after I lost my job and have not been as physically active as before. I am told I have become more irritable. I do have occasional sleeplessness i wake up 2 or3 hours earlier i do wake up sometimes to urinate which I never used to. My father passed away 4 months back and it has not been easy for me. I recently checked my blood pressure it is slightly high. I am told that all my symptoms are normal and I feel once I get a job I will feel motivated. Should I be concerned about any of my symptoms?

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Fact or fiction? Estrogen therapy is an option for all menopausal womenExpert
Fiction: Only women who no longer have a uterus should consider using esdtrogen-alone therapy (ET). For women with a uterus, the option ... More
Was this Helpful?
26 of 40 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website