Menopause
An_253863 posted:
I am 52 years old, will be 53 in late December just before Xmas. For 8 months now I have had no periods and thought I am in menopause, because of the hot flashes, sweating, constantly hot, tired, bloated. Now, 2 nights ago, b-a-a-a-d cramps (we're talkin' doubled over on my bed doing pregnancy-style breathing here, which I sometimes had in the past to signal the oncoming of a period), and the next day light bright red slight bleeding. Still very slight compared to the niagara falls-style periods of the past, but slightly crampy and moody. I thought after 8 months I was through with them! Why does this happen?!

Anon_6061 responded:
You aren't in menopause until you've gone a full year without a period. There have been other women who've posted here that they weren't far from that one year mark when they had a period and had to start counting all over again. It would seem at your age, you should be near the end!

mc888 replied to Anon_6061's response:
I'm 50 and haven't had a period in 8 months and have no symptoms . When do the symptoms start after you haven't had a period for a year????/