Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
hot flashes
0417terry posted:
I hear everyone talking about hot flashes, but does anyone suffer from painful ones? I get hot, additionally, my front of my body hurts, hard to discribe, kind of like elecrtical pain, this mostly happens at night, starts about 10 minutes after I go to sleep, and wakes me up at least 3-4 times a night. I talked to my doc and she said she had not heard about painful flashes. My memory is poor, I'm tired from lack of sleep (2 years) and see no end in sight. Please let me know if any thing works for you hot flashes.

Anon_6061 responded:
I can relate to the waking 3-4 times a night after a hysterectomy (a very sad event in my life!). I did not have the electrical shock feelings but had something similar - what I call a rubberband snapping sensation on my face. At night, I would awaken feeling like my body was on fire (no sweats though) and then take forever to fall back asleep. The right form and dosage of estrogen now allows me to sleep and pretty much feel like a human being. But it was hell getting there.

lisa9876 responded:
Maybe check out this thread to see if there are similar symptoms these women have shared"026.
http://forums.webmd.com/3/menopause-exchange/forum/588?pg=1

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Fact or fiction? Estrogen therapy is an option for all menopausal womenExpert
Fiction: Only women who no longer have a uterus should consider using esdtrogen-alone therapy (ET). For women with a uterus, the option ... More
Was this Helpful?
26 of 40 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website