Skip to content
just tryn to uderstand
kimmiec_73 posted:
i,m 40 and started perimenopause bout 6 mths before i turned 40 my cycle has went crazy. they came early to start with then were late then on time. now for the last 4 mths they are skip one then start 15 to 20 days late.i have the hot flashes night sweats there are nights that i just cant seem to go to sleep which i understand are normal but for the last couple mths ive been really nauseated no matter what i eat or drink. and the heartburn is almost unbearable even with tums. with my cycle crazy like this would pregnancy symptoms be the same as when i was in my 20s and 30s or woould they be different.and with skipping periods how would one know they are pregnant? because that is the usual indicator that i was pregnant. please help me understand what my body is going through.

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Fact or fiction? Estrogen therapy is an option for all menopausal womenExpert
Fiction: Only women who no longer have a uterus should consider using esdtrogen-alone therapy (ET). For women with a uterus, the option ... More
Was this Helpful?
26 of 40 found this helpful