Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Unkown problems
Lopez_Brent posted:
First off by no means am I a hypochondriac.
Roughly 10 years ago I was on a eeg/ekg? for an hour orso to check my heart afterwards I was told a possible heart murmur was to blame.
Over the years I gained an overactive adrenal gland that spits out adrenaline at random and in high doses that drop me instantly. since childhood I never had a set sleep pattern one day I might sleep at night next during the day it's never the same. as years passed the quality and length of sleep decreased to an average of 2 hours per day and every time I wake up I have chest pains and a weird sensation in my left brain right next to the ear. ironically not far from a scar where my head went through a windshield in 2001. over time memory has been reducing to the extent of forgetting age / date of birth and same day conversations. I have high cholesterol, low potassium (hypokalemia, undiagnosed as far as the culprit).

Lopez_Brent responded:
I also taste and smell dust on a daily basis and teeth are in bad shape despite brushing twice a day.

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Fact or fiction? Estrogen therapy is an option for all menopausal womenExpert
Fiction: Only women who no longer have a uterus should consider using esdtrogen-alone therapy (ET). For women with a uterus, the option ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 38 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website