Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
is this hormonal?
bettygeorgia posted:
I have really vived frustrating dreams in early mornings then I wake up and I feel upset like I'm running a race. It sets the tone for my morning. I feel foggy and kind of nausous and not so hot but like the air is thick.also emotional and hungery. I told my doctor a year ago and she said loss weight and drink water. I do need to loose weight butbi've been this weight yor ten years and I just started feeling this way inthelast couple of years. Am I imagining it all?

Mary Jane Minkin, MD responded:
Dear Bettygeorgia,
Hard to say; these are not classic perimenopausal symptoms-could they be related? Always a possibility. A couple of questions: are you on any new medications? You mentioned that you were overweight; have you had your blood sugar checked (diabetics with blood sugar abnormalities can have some sleep issues.) Do you get a good night's sleep? People who are overweight can develop sleep apnea, which can present with these types of symptoms. So I would tend to look at some non menopausal issues first.
Good luck,
Mary Jane

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Fact or fiction? Estrogen therapy is an option for all menopausal womenExpert
Fiction: Only women who no longer have a uterus should consider using esdtrogen-alone therapy (ET). For women with a uterus, the option ... More
Was this Helpful?
26 of 40 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website