Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
New to Menopause
chrissy364 posted:
Hello, my name is Chris and I am 49 years old. I found out earlier this year that I was in the early stages of menopause. 10 months later I feel like I am losing my mind. I just cant believe that the way my body feel is because I am going through menopause. I am taking every supplement that I can get down my throat and my doctor has put me on premarin. Im hot, then im cold, im crying, then im laughing. Im just a bundle of ever changing emotions. I can honestly say that menopause has made this very strong woman into a crying mess! PLEASE give me some advice.

Anon_6061 responded:
Is the Premarin helping? I don't think I could manage day-to-day living without HRT! I was a suicidal mess after my hysterectomy especially since my gyn refused to see me after the HRT he Rx'd was pretty much worthless in my body.

Since you're on Premarin (estrogen only) versus Prempro (estrogen plus progestin) did you have a hysterectomy?

chrissy364 replied to Anon_6061's response:
hello. thanks for responding.no I haven't had a hysterectomy. but even though I have entered into menopause naturally I don't no what works! I have never been a big pill taker but now I find myself taking 15 pills a day. Im moody, I don't feel like moving cause my body hurts so bad. I have a wonderful and understanding man that I can not make love to right now cause im irritated down there, I don't no if anything I am taking is helping. I have my good days and my bad days no matter what I am taking. but what I am going to do is give the medicines I am taking a chance to work before I say that they don't.

Anon_6061 replied to chrissy364's response:
Are you taking the Premarin pill or using the Premarin vaginal cream? If you're taking the pill, I hope you're also taking a progestin or progesterone to protect your uterus from the proliferative effects of estrogen.

Taking 15 pills makes it hard to know what's doing what. I sure hope you start feeling better soon!

chrissy364 responded:
thank you so much for your support. I went to my primary care doctor because my gyn doc couldn't see me til the 27th of November. I told them I may be dead by that time so I didn't take the appointment. my regular dr just put me on the premarin to see if it would help. today I feel better. still a little cranky, plus its cold here in Cleveland. im just happy to have someone to talk to who understands what I am going through and who don't think I am a big baby or being lazy. I am a very outgoing person who has always been on the move and kept a clean house, and took care of my family. how do I make my children understand what I am going through? they are seven an thirteen.

chrissy364 replied to chrissy364's response:
also, most of the pills I am taking are vitamins and natural suppliments from gnc.

Anon_6061 replied to chrissy364's response:
Glad you're feeling better and hope it continues!

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Menopause - Younger Ages
For those of you out there that are going/gone through menopause at an early age, Yes it happens. It's unusual but it happened to me. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 30 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website