Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Burning Legs
An_254370 posted:
I know this might sound crazy....but has anyone experienced burning legs...almost like a hot flash?
It used to come and go but now it happens more often....

Mary_Jane_Minkin responded:
Dear An_254370,
Nothing sounds crazy in menopause! Women can experience hot flash sensations in any part of their bodies-so I suspect that this is what this is. Hey, some women report a feeling like ants crawling up their legs-all sorts of things can be seen. If it is bothersome, I would approach this like a hot flash as far as intervention-so more soy or flaxseed in the diet (weak plant estrogens); perhaps trying an over the counter remedy such as black cohosh (like Remifemin). If these don't help, talk with your health care provider; consider estrogen therapy, to see if it helps this symptom.
Good luck,
Mary Jane

katia1 responded:
Yes I have and for quite some time. It got better when I started hrt. Most doctors will look at you like your nuts, but this still happens to me, sometime it also feels like something is crawling all over my skin. Most of the time my buttocks burn also. This is very uncomfortable and scary.

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

mood swings/menopause
I have so much empathy for all women that go through this,either mild or severe.I was put on a hormone,very low dose because I have 4 ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website