Skip to content
Burning Legs
An_254370 posted:
I know this might sound crazy....but has anyone experienced burning legs...almost like a hot flash?
It used to come and go but now it happens more often....

lisa9876 responded:
I have had instances where a portion of my leg feels like it is burning. In my car, in the summer it felt like it does when you are too close to a hot pipe or even a fire. Like you have to move away from it. But of course there was no hot pipe or fire. It was the strangest thing. It happened off and on for awhile and if I remember correctly only in one leg--in the lower front part of the leg. I never could attribute it to anything, but when I investigated symptoms, I learned that pain can come in the form of heat. Check out dermatome maps that show how different parts of your body may be affected by misalignment or other nerve "irritations". I discovered this when only my left pinky and left side of my left ring finger tingled. Tracked it down to compression of an ulnar? nerve in my elbow (from leaning on the elbow too much). But I learned about dermatomes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dermatome_(anatomy)

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Fact or fiction? Estrogen therapy is an option for all menopausal womenExpert
Fiction: Only women who no longer have a uterus should consider using esdtrogen-alone therapy (ET). For women with a uterus, the option ... More
Was this Helpful?
26 of 40 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website