Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Personal Health Records
armin27950 posted:
Dear members of the WebMD,

I would like to invite you to complete an online survey questionnaire to help me in my graduate thesis research project on the adoption of personal health records in Canada. I am a Master's student at the University of Ottawa, and am currently in the process of collecting data for my thesis research.

Specifically, I am requesting your participation in a web survey that will take between about 15 minutes of your time. The survey consists of general questions related to available and desired features in personal health record systems, the potential scenarios for using these features and options, and some basic demographic information.

I am hoping that the results of my study will help me develop an understanding of issues that affect the adoption of personal health record systems. The findings from this study are expected to yield insights for the healthcare industry, to help improve the design of current personal health record systems, and to help devise strategies for improving their use.

Please note that the survey will not elicit any personally identifiable information. Hence anonymity is guaranteed. Results from the analysis of questionnaire data will only be reported in aggregate form. It will not be possible to identify any particular individual on the basis of information included in the study results. Furthermore, the responses from the survey will be kept confidential. They will not be released back to <<Insert Community or Organization Name>> or any third party. Lastly, entire questionnaire data will be housed on a secure server, and only the researchers involved in this project will have access to this information.

As compensation for your time, all participants in the online survey will be eligible to be included in a prize draw of a $25 gift certificate from Amazon.com. Chances of winning will be 1 in 20.

For more information about the study and to start your participation, please click on the following web link:

https://uottawatelfer.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_cApn8OqHO3QmTFH

I would be most happy to answer any questions that you might have. You may email me at amaje036@uottawa.ca , or phone me at (613) 710-4658. Please also feel free to contact my thesis advisor: Dr. Umar Ruhi at ruhi@telfer.uottawa.ca .

If you have any concerns over the ethical aspects of this research, please contact Office of Research Ethics and Integrity, University of Ottawa
Tabaret Hall, 550 Cumberland St., Room 154
Ottawa, ON, Canada K1N 6N5
Tel.: (613) 562-5387 | Fax.: (613) 562-5338 | Email: ethics@uottawa.ca

Thank you for your assistance.[a name="_GoBack">

Best Regards,

Mr. Armin Majedi (Principal Investigator)
M.Sc. Candidate in E-Business Technologies
Telfer School of Management, University of Ottawa
Email: amaje036@uottawa.ca | Phone: (613) 710-4658

Dr. Umar Ruhi (Research Supervisor)
Assistant Professor, Information Systems,
Telfer School of Management, University of Ottawa
Email: ruhi@telfer.uottawa.ca | Phone: (613) 562-5800 Ext 1990

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Menopause - Younger Ages
For those of you out there that are going/gone through menopause at an early age, Yes it happens. It's unusual but it happened to me. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website