Skip to content
Stanford Project on Vaginal Dryness/Poll
biodesign posted:
Hello Ladies,

I am an MD researcher at Stanford University, exploring new treatments to treat the symptoms of vaginal atrophy. We are trying to understand what patients are looking for in treatments, and where the current treatments are coming up short. If you would be interested in talking to us, we would be most appreciative. Your input is invaluable. If interested, please message me.

Thank you.

Jonathan Steinberger, MD
Stanford University Biodesign

Take the Poll

Which of the following is most important to you in choosing a therapy for your vaginal dryness (vulvovaginal atrophy/atrophic vaginitis)
  • therapy is not estrogen-based
  • therapy does not require a procedure
  • therapy has long-lasting results
  • therapy does not require frequent application
  • therapy can be started and stopped at your own discretion
vote
View Poll Results

An_254850 responded:
my menopausal vaginal dryness caused the labia minora to grow closed...lubricants have not helped...am too afraid of the pain for a procedure...sigh

biodesign replied to An_254850's response:
Hi,

I am sorry to hear about how difficult this problem has been for you. Would you be interested in speaking with us so that we might better understand your experience? We would be happy to set up a phone call at a time that is convenient for you. If you are interested you can reach us at jdsteinb@stanford.edu. If not, we still thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Best,
Jonathan

Jonathan Steinberger, MD[br>Stanford University Biodesign

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Fact or fiction? Estrogen therapy is an option for all menopausal womenExpert
Fiction: Only women who no longer have a uterus should consider using esdtrogen-alone therapy (ET). For women with a uterus, the option ... More
Was this Helpful?
26 of 40 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website