Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Need help
mommieof20102 posted:
I feel like my body is failing me to an extent.. I was dx'ed with PCOS when i was about 20 always had problems, but 3 yrs ago i had a partial hysterectomy , i still have my right ovary but nothing else, I've been having some discomfort on my right side on and off for the last few months, but now my facial hair is getting worse and out of the blue, my weight is starting to climb, my skin is breaking out... I don't know what is going on with my body, all my tests come back fine...
Any suggestions?????

Anon_6061 responded:
You may have developed a cyst on the right ovary especially since you have PCOS. You said all your tests came back "fine." What tests were run? And where in the normal range are they? Sometimes the bottom or top of the range is not "fine" for any one individual. Did you have your thyroid checked? Hysterectomy (even with ovary preservation) can upset the endocrine system. I have heard of other women developing acne after hysterectomy which could indicate that testosterone levels increased. Good luck in getting answers.

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

mood swings/menopause
I have so much empathy for all women that go through this,either mild or severe.I was put on a hormone,very low dose because I have 4 ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website