Includes Expert Content
Birth controll pills and peri
An_254570 posted:
Hi Dr Minkin,
It's been already 3,5 month since I am on Gildess Fe 1/20 , taking it continuosly, and my night sweats and anxiety came back a week ago. I try to do my best not to think about my perimenopausal symptoms, but some days I am just checking my symptoms on the internet. before I started the pill, my estrogen was 40pg/ml , and my progesteron was
< 0.5 ng/ml. Is it still ok to feel like I mentioned, or would need to change pills. ( I had to take citapram 20mg and 0,5mg alprazam for PMS and panic, and now the doctor increased it 3 weeks ago to 30mg, )
I know, I am not easy, sorry for disturbing you but your advice would help me a lot!
Thanks!

Mary Jane Minkin, MD responded:
Dear An_254570,
Good question; from a theoretical basis, a 20 microgram pill should have enough estrogen to take care of your night sweats. However, occasionally I do see folks who will respond to increasing the strength of their birth control pill to a 30 microgram pill (there is a variety of the Gildess 1/20 at a 30 microgram dose). If you are still experiencing sweats at that level, then I would suggest looking at other causes of sweats (which are possible)-but I'd go after the obvious perimenopausal explanation first.
Good luck, and I hope you feel better soon.
Mary Jane

An_254570 replied to Mary Jane Minkin, MD's response:
Thank you Dr Minkin for your answer.
I observed that the night sweats are coming back when I am stressed out. Hopefully soon most of the symptom will disappear.
thanks again