Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
hot flsshes...
ehess posted:
I don't know if I'm having hot flashes or what. My head sweats only when I eat. I can eat ice cream & sweat bullets. Thats the only time I sweat & its just my head. The rest of my body is usually normal or sometimes I am cold but I chalk that up yo me being a type 2 diabetic. I was in the hospital last May for 2 weeks to find out I had diastolic heart failure. I am also anemic all the time...levels are always around the 7 mark.
I am thinking of purchasing that Nutribullet thing I have seen on TV. It sounds like a good plan to put myself in better health.
If anyone has some input on why I sweat only when I eat, or if they have a nutribullet machine and would comment on it as well, I would be grateful.... thanks so much

Mary Jane Minkin, MD responded:
Dear ehess,
Good question-and indeed the complicating factor here is the diabetes. And some women do get flashes related to fluctuations in blood sugar. There are also a number of non estrogen hormones that can be triggered by absorption of food-so all of these may be confusing factors,
Good luck,
Mary Jane

stellagonzalez responded:
Are you at menopause stage....

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Physical activity at midlifeExpert
Regular physical activity is a vital part of every midlife woman?s life, preserving physical and mental health and improving quality of ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website