Is this really starting?
bk061500 posted:
I had an appointment with an endocrinologist today because I thought that my thyroid was acting up. My regular doctor doesn't believe that my hypothyroidism is acting up even though an ultrasound show that I have a goiter. The endocrinologist did a blood test to see where my thyroid levels are but seemed skeptical about my thyroid meds being adjusted. I am always cold, very irritable, am having trouble sleeping and my concentration and memory are nonexistent. My period is slightly irregular and I can't seem to lose an extra 10 pounds.

After I left my appointment I talked to a friend that suggested that what I might be going through is perimenopause. I am 47 years old. I am confused. I was hoping this would be as simple as adjusting my synthroid prescription. I am a little overwhelmed thinking that this might be menopause
I don't want to take any drugs. I want to handle this with diet. I am just hoping that diet and exercise can offer some relief. I guess that I am a little scared. When I stared researching perimenopause I couldn't believe how many symptoms I was experiencing. Does anybody have any good reference source for dealing with this naturall

atti_editor responded:
Hi bk061500,

Here are some resources that I found that you might find helpful:

Both have some good tips that can start you off in the right direction. I hope that you are able to find something that works for you. Other board members might also have some tips that have worked for them.

Best wishes,
Atti