Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
this is horrible
An_255662 posted:
Had 9 pound babies and that was less painful than perimenopause. In massive pain 9 tp 10 on pain scale. Goin to loose job and insurance due to pain and crying because of pain job does not allow narcotic pain medications. Why shoul some one have to suffer so bad in an age with so meany medical adavances HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THis is horrible Doctor no help get you are old and on birthcontriol there is no other help

dee22552255 responded:
An_255662,
I am so sorry to hear you are suffering so much. What I don't understand is why you are in so much pain. I am almost post-menopausal and I NEVER had pain like you are describing from perimenopause, EVER!!! I have had 2 back surgeries and 2 C-sections and was never in that much pain. I had years of hot flashes and night sweats, but not pain.

My suggestion is another doctor. Something else has got to be wrong. Please seek another opinion FAST.

I wish you all the best of luck. Also, I wonder if being on birth control at this point is a good idea. My daughter is 35 and has stopped using 'the pill' due to a lesion on her liver that is attributed to 20 years on birth control pills for crazy bad periods. Just a thought.

God Bless.

Mary Jane Minkin, MD responded:
Dear An_255662,
I would agree with Dee that pain is not a normal effect from menopause, so I would check in with a health care provider to try to figure out what is happening,
Good luck,
Mary Jane

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Menopause - Younger Ages
For those of you out there that are going/gone through menopause at an early age, Yes it happens. It's unusual but it happened to me. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website