Skip to content
Meshellz1961
meshellz1961 posted:
I am 52 yrs. old haven't had a period for about a year and a half no sex drive what so ever and if and when we do have sex I end up with a UTI(urinary track infection) every time another reason I don't like having sex. I also have vaginal dryness. Having menopause sucks big time. I use to like being spontaneous now we need to use lubricants and it's just not worth it anymore I feel bad for my husband. I am not on any hormones I did want to try bio identical hormones did talk to my dr. About it and he just said they were pretty much all the same so I am confused and just not sure. and now my nipples started getting sore about 3 days ago. We ladies have to go through a lot just not fair. Is there something I can take to help get back some of my sex drive and help with dryness? And for the sore nipples. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kimb0418 responded:
Hi Meshellz1961,
I feel for you, but don't give up. I, too, was having trouble with vaginal dryness & had a decline in libido. I recently tried Estriol cream - by Smoky Mountain Naturals (get it on line at their own website or amazon - read the reviews, too). It has worked like a charm after using it for just 4 days. Pro-gest cream by Emerita has helped with the low libido. I got that at Whole Foods. Look on Emerita's website for more info & reviews. These two products are bio identical hormones. You should have your hormone levels checked to see what hormones are missing & replace what is necessary. Again, don't give up - there is hope. You may also want to get the book "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Menopause" by John R. Lee, M.D. I found it to be very informative. Good luck.

meshellz1961 replied to kimb0418's response:
Kimb0418 Thank you for the information I will definitely look for the book and look into the Estriol cream and Pro- gest cream and get my hormone levels checked again to see what hormones are missing. Thanks again for your help it means a lot.

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

Darkened Skin above my lip
What can I do about dark skin above my upper lip. I have gone through menopause already. I have tried skin bleach to no avail. What do I ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website