Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
When to start HRT?
eternallyperimenopausal posted:
I've had all the symptoms since age 38--night sweats, disrupted sleep even when not sweating, fatigue, depression, premenstrual headaches & crabbiness, foggy brain days,low low libido. I'm 49 and sick of it! I do all the "right" things-- good weight, exercise, great marriage of 28 years, avoid stressors, low caffeine & low alcohol use, good sleep habits, etc. Just this year have my periods become sporadic. My Dr won't do HRT until menopause. When I read other women's accounts of symptom relief at peri-stage, though, I wonder why my Dr won't prescribe? I'm really healthy otherwise.

The fatigue is discouraging but also dangerous, as I fell asleep while driving in 2007 & hit a propane truck head on. The libido issue makes me sad!

Anon_6061 responded:
Will your doctor prescribe birth control pills until you go into menopause? Those help a lot of women in perimenopause.

Featuring Experts

Mary Jane Minkin, MD, is a nationally recognized obstetrician gynecologist, with a special interest in menopause. Dr. Minkin is clinical professor of ...More

Helpful Tips

mood swings/menopause
I have so much empathy for all women that go through this,either mild or severe.I was put on a hormone,very low dose because I have 4 ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the North American Menopause Society website